Welcome to the
Village of Enosburg Falls
Village notices, agendas, and mintues of meetings are posted at the following locations:
Community National Bank, 49 Sampsonville Rd.
U.S. Post Office – Enosburg Falls, 34 School St.
Village of Enosburg Falls Office, 16 Village Drive
VILLAGE OF ENOSBURG FALLS
Adoption of an Ordinance to Prohibit Smoking at Village Parks
Pursuant to 24 V.S.A. §1972(a), the citizens of the Village of Enosburg Falls are hereby notified that, at a regular meeting held on May 24, 2016 the Village Trustees adopted an amendment to the Ordinance to prohibit smoking of any tobacco products or use of tobacco substitutes within Lincoln Park and Maple Park, in the Village of Enosburg Falls. This Amended Ordinance will become effective on the 23rd day of July, 2016, unless a petition seeking disapproval thereof is filed with the Village Clerk no more than forty-four (44) days from the above-stated date of adoption.
The full text of the Ordinance, with the amended portion underlined, is as follows:
(a) Purpose. The purpose of this section is to protect the public health, safety, and welfare by prohibiting smoking of tobacco products or the smoking or use of tobacco substitutes in Lincoln Park and Maple Park where people congregate and assemble for recreation, leisure, and other purposes.
(1) “Tobacco products” shall mean cigarettes, cigars, cheroots, stogies, refuse scraps, clippings, cuttings and sweepings of tobacco, and other kinds and forms of tobacco prepared in a manner suitable for smoking in a pipe or otherwise or for smoking.
(2) “Smoking” shall mean possession of lighted tobacco products or lighted or otherwise activated Tobacco substitutes.
(3) “Parks” shall mean all the referenced parks owned by the Village of Enosburg Falls.
(4) “Tobacco substitutes” means products, including electronic cigarettes or other electronic or battery-powered devices, that contain and are designed to deliver nicotine or other substances into the body through inhaling vapor and that have not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for tobacco cessation or other medical purposes. Products that have been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for tobacco cessation or other medical purposes shall not be considered to be tobacco substitutes, or as otherwise defined by 7 V.S.A. §1001(8) as it may be amended from time to time.
(c) Prohibited. Except as otherwise provided herein, smoking is prohibited at all referenced Village parks. The possession of lighted tobacco products or lighted or activated tobacco substitutes in any form is prohibited in the above referenced smoke free areas.
(d) Posting: supervision. The Village shall properly post and maintain “No Smoking” signs or the international “No Smoking” symbol ( a picture of a burning cigarette inside a red circle with a red bar across it) clearly and conspicuously throughout the designated smoke-free areas. The color of such signs, when not of the international type, shall have lettering that is distinct, contrasting to the background and easily read. These signs shall be placed so as to inform but not detract from the designated smoke-free areas.
- Any person convicted of a violation or violations of this section shall be subject to a civil penalty, the fine for which shall be no less than fifty dollars ($50.00) and no more than two hundred dollars ($200.00), with a waiver penalty of fifty dollars ($50.00), for each such violation.
- All law enforcement officials duly authorized to issue Vermont Municipal Complaints are authorized to issue complaints for violations of this section.
The complete text of the Ordinance may be examined, upon request, at the Village Offices at 16 Village Drive, Enosburg Falls, Vermont at any time during normal office hours. Any Registered Voter of the Village of Enosburg Falls may petition for a public vote on the Ordinance at an annual meeting or a special meeting held pursuant to 24 V.S.A. §1973. Any inquiries regarding the Ordinance may be directed to Jonathon Elwell, Village Manager, by mail at 42 Village Drive, Enosburg Falls, VT 05450, or by phone at (802) 933-4443.
Duffy Hill Road Culvert Repairs
Duffy Hill Road from Rt. 108 to East Sheldon Road
will be closed to THRU TRAFFIC Monday thru Friday from 7am to 5pm only!
The project has an anticipated start date of JUNE 6th with completion date of July 6th.
Residents on this stretch of Duffy Hill Road will have access to their homes during these times.
“PLEASE NOTE: PERMANENT CHANGE OF MEETING/HEARING SCHEDULE FOR THE JOINT DEVELOPMENT REVIEW BOARD
Previously, meetings/hearings of the joint Development Review Board were held on the third Tuesday of each month. Now meetings/hearings of the Development Review Board will be held on the second Wednesday of each month at the Emergency Services Building beginning at 6:30 pm.”
CONGRATULATIONS BRIAN OVITT
The Green Mountain Water Environmental Association gives awards annually to members in the Water Quality field that have made significant contribution. The Awards Committee seeks nominations each year prior to the Annual Spring in May where the Awards are presented to the winners.
Rodney Allen Chief Operator of the Enosburg Falls Wastewater plant and Wayne Elliot Engineer for Aldrich& Elliot nominated Brian Ovitt for the Andrew D. Fish Laboratory Excellence Award. This Award is for outstanding activity in Laboratory performance at work, community service, education, committee participation and other outstanding contributions.
This Years Andrew D. Fish Laboratory Excellence Award was presented to Brian Ovitt Assistant Chief Operator for the Village of Enosburg Falls Wastewater Dept, The Award ceremony took place at the Killington Grand Hotel Killington Vt.
Brian has been working for the village for 8 years and has both a working and educational background in civil and environmental engineering. His attention to detail in the lab and applying results to process control of the facility has been instrumental in the plant maintaining a high standard of approval from the Agency of Natural Resources.
The Official Municipal and Community Website for the Village of Enosburg Falls, Vermont
We would appreciate your input.
If you have comments or questions or notice an error, or
if you would like to have content added, or
if you have photos in and around the Village of Enosburg Falls you’d like to contribute
Please contact the Village Office, (802) 933-4443, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check back often for updated information, community events, agendas, and minutes of the boards and commissions.